Greenwood, sounds familiar, right?
That’s right. Greenwood Dist is named after the Greenwood District of North Tulsa, home of the renowned Black Wallstreet. [You can learn more about Black Wallstreet in an older version of Black History Fun Fact Friday here.]
Greenwood Dist. is passionate about “proving that a black-owned business can celebrate black excellence while still making the market’s dopest clothing.” Greenwood believes that “fashion, culture, media, and art can and SHOULD help advocate and ensure that people’s voices are heard. Black culture is the biggest determinant of what’s “cool” and popular. Our culture determines everything from the way society talks to the brands that are popular.”
And I’m here for it ya’ll!
Like this “I am Black History,” shirt and those dope sweaters at the top? There are many more like it! Shop Greenwood Dist. by clicking the link below.
Be sure to use discount code Soul at checkout for 10% off!!
PSST! Wanna go the extra mile? Please share the link with your friends and ask them to use the discount code Soul at checkout!
My Soul is a Witness is out and its the #1 New Release. Don’t have it?
This week, Black History Fun Fact Friday is going live!
Join me and host Stephanie Renee on The Source, WURD Radio this Friday, August 24th @ 10:25a EST. I’ll be discussing my Black History Fun Fact Friday article series (which is returning soon with some new fun facts, find previous articles right here on the blog. Click here) and the Legacy of Dunbar, the first Black Public High School in the United States. The Source airs on WURD Radio, 96.1FM and 900AM in Philadelphia or online at http://www.WURDRadio.com. You can also download the free app @ WURD Radio. Chat soon! @onWURD #onWURD #Onward #EachOneTeachOne #educhat
On March 27, 2017, I opened my blog to authors interested in being interviewed here and promoting their work. I am reposting this for any authors out there interested in taking advantage of this opportunity for free promotion.
Many of you know me from my writing and this blog, but before I dedicated my time to writing full-time, I worked with children, and to an extent, I still do.
I taught creative writing as part of a private Louisiana In-Home School program for about four years, and then I helped run a research and fellowship center in Shreveport for about five more years. My primary job was working with children, tutoring, and teaching them.
What does this have to do with my promotional opportunity for New Authors?
One of my team’s songs to help children break the ice in the children’s bible study class is an Introduce yourself song. It starts:
“Introduce yourself, hey hey! Introduce yourself…hey!
My name is___________.”
At the end of last year, I told you that I was looking to implement another promotional opportunity for authors on this blog. It has taken a long time but is finally here!
At the moment, I run two:
- Book Reviews (currently open for registry. Visit the Book Review Policy page)
- Book Promo. – Where I promote book covers in my email list. Send me your cover, blurb, and buy links to be featured to my email HERE.
Update: The Book Promo service is no longer available.
Now I am implementing a third opportunity. Something I am hoping will give you a bit more exposure. I am calling it Introduce Yourself, inspired by the children. Here’s how it works:
Introduce Yourself – a promotional opportunity for new authors on The PBS Blog. It is an interview conducted by me with questions specifically tailored to helping us to get to know you better.
I enjoy thought-provoking conversation, and so is the tone of this blog, so please be as detailed as possible in your answers. People are less likely to support people they don’t know anything about, so dig deep and let us get to know the real you!
How to Get Involved
All you have to do is choose at least 10 questions from the list below and email them to me with your social media handles, photos, a brief bio, and a link to your website or blog. Email me HERE . Once I receive your email, I will respond in 5-7 business days with the date of your feature.
Again, answer the questions as fully and as detailed as possible. Even though this segment is inspired by new authors (i.e. Introduce Yourself), any author can jump on board!
INDIE AUTHORS AND TRAD. AUTHORS
PUBLISHED AUTHORS AND ASPIRING AUTHORS
NEW AUTHORS AND EXPERIENCED AUTHORS
I run into people all the time who didn’t know who I was until they saw me featured on someone’s blog. It is a wonderful opportunity for increased exposure.
If you’re interested please choose your questions* email them HERE along with your photos, bio, and social links. I won’t pull your arm or beg you to participate in this but let’s face it, this is for you! Also, let’s not forget this is a
FREE (No longer free AFTER September 1, 2018) opportunity for exposure.
*The questions are not in any particular order. Start with question 30 or question one. Your choice. Just make it an interesting mix.
- What is your name and where are you from?
- What would your perfect writing / reading room look like?
- What is the most annoying habit that you have?
- Are you employed outside of writing? Is so, tell us about your job.
- What do you hate most about writing advice? What do you love?
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What skill do you think you’ve mastered?
- In your own words, what is humility?
- In your own words, what is love?
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
- If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What state or country do you never want to go back to?
- What songs have you completely memorized?
- Does blogging help you to write? If not, why so? If so, how so?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- If you could shadow your favorite artist, who would it be?
- What kind of music do you like?
- When did you publish your first book? What was that like?
- If you could live in a movie, which would it be? Why?
- Who is your best friend?
- Are you married? How long?
- Are you single? Would you like to be married?
- Do you have children?
- Would you like to have children? Why?
- What takes up too much of your time?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What small things makes your life easier? What makes it difficult?
- Who’s your favorite Historical figure?
- What do you think of the world we live in?
- What are your thoughts on Race?
- In your own words (not Google’s) define racism.
- What’s your favorite TV Show? Movie?
- What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
- What TV channel exists but really shouldn’t?
- Are you religious? Explain.
- Are you political? Explain.
- What is the most thought provoking book you’ve ever read?
- What’s the most difficult thing about being a writer? The most exciting thing?
- Why is writing important to you?
- What do you love about yourself?
- What don’t you like about yourself?
- If you had one superpower that could change the world, what would it be? Why?
- What genre do you write in, why?
- In your own words, what is truth?
- DO NOT use this as an opportunity to preach your message of salvation.
- Bombard/hit us over the heads with your awesome books.
- Take advantage of this space in any discriminatory way.
That is NOT how you want to use this feature. This is an opportunity for us to get to know you as a person. Only then will we be interested in your work. That said, try being less “salesy” and more genuine in your answers!
Good day loves,
I’d just like a few minutes of your time. I am hosting two live events for those of you in or around GA:
I am hosting a Double Book Signing and Community Meet and Greet Event on Friday, March 30, 2018 and I would love your support, those of you who can make it. Featured books will be Renaissance, I am Soul and The Stella Trilogy. If you don’t have these in paperback now is a good time to get them! (There will be limited copies of each so being on time is important.)
1540 Southlake Pkwy, Suite 7A
Morrow, GA 30062
12:00 – 2:00p EST
2000 E Lake Pkwy
Marietta, GA 30062
3:00 – 6:00p EST
(includes light refreshments)
PLEASE NOTE: If you plan on coming to town anytime before Friday, 3/30, please let me know ASAP so that we can accommodate you. Also if you’re in ATL and you would like physical copies of the flyer I’ll be at the bookstore this weekend to drop some off.
I am trying out different things so I don’t know how much it helps, but I’ll appreciate those who can assist.
If you’ve read any of my books or enjoy my blog, would you mind leaving a review on my Facebook page?
Go to My Facebook Page at
Like the Page
(if you want)
Scroll down to where you see reviews. Rate and review.
- You can write a review based on books of mine you’ve read (so if you read and enjoyed Renaissance or Stella).
- You can write based on this blog (maybe you have a favorite segment, poetry, Black History Fun Facts, Throwback Jams, etc)
- You can review based on my Book Reviews.
Whatever it is about my writing / blog you like in general you can review based on that.
You can comment on my pinned photo but that does not count as a review. Please leave your review under the review section for it to count.
Thanks so much for those of you who can help. I really appreciate it.
Goodnight to you.
I am finally settled and have some much needed catching up to do. I don’t even want to look at my TBR pile but reviews will start trickling in here again pretty soon.
Instead of having to search all your wonderful blog posts, I thought I’d open the opportunity for you to share them with me. Help me to catch up with you by sending me your post links. Just comment on this post with a link to your most recent post or the one you’d like me to see. Now, I know Halloween just passed but I don’t do Holidays. I think I should put that on out there. I am not particularly interested in that but anything else you’ve been up to is cool. If you have a new book out, send me the link to that too so I can tweet you out. Just as long as you’re patient, I should be able to touch base with most of you (depending on how many links there are.) Let’s have some fun.
I look forward to seeing what you all have been up to in this crazy world we live in. Chat soon.
Yecheilyah (e-see-lee-yah) is an Author, Blogger, and Poet of nine published works including her soon-to-be released short inspirational guide “Keep Yourself Full.” Learn more by exploring Yecheilyah’s writing on this blog and her website at yecheilyahysrayl.com. Renaissance: The Nora White Story (Book One) is her latest novel and is available now on Amazon.com.