UPDATE: THE BOOK REVIEW REGISTRY IS CURRENTLY OPEN.
*Due to high-volume, there is now a $10 readers fee for book reviews. This fee holds your place on my list and guarantees your review on my blog. PLEASE NOTE: This $10 readers fee is for your review to be published to my blog (I pay for space and book covers use up space), not amazon. I cannot guarantee Amazon reviews. Amazon does not allow payment of any kind in exchange for reviews. This fee also does not guarantee you a 5-star review. This is also against Amazon‘s policy.
Due to this change reviews no longer have to be registered through the form. They must now be ordered through my website. I do not accept unsolicited submissions. This means:
- Please do not email me your book link, cover, and description if you have not already visited the website. If you have not already ordered a review, I will only re-route you to the site.
Fun Facts: The PBS Blog has been listed on Reedsy’s Best Book Review Blogs of 2017 and 2018. Additionally, my reviews are honest and thorough without giving away spoilers.
“It’s not just because she reviewed my novelette, All Good Stories, and gave it 5 stars, I’m writing about her because she gives great (and helpful) reviews. In a market, so full, it’s hard to choose what to read, isn’t it? We really need reviews these days that go beyond the minimalistic, “I liked it,” to know what we’re investing our money in. Because money doesn’t grow on trees. Neither do books anymore, for that matter.”
– Linda G. Hill, author, All Good Stories.
I take the “honesty” part of the “HONEST review” seriously. If you’re looking for someone to sugar coat what they thought of your book, I am not the reviewer for you. I rate on the scale of 3-5 only on this blog. If your review falls below a 3-star rating, I will email you the review and my thoughts.
Only ratings of 3 – 5 are published on this blog. Rating meanings vary between reviewers but here are mine.
- Plot Movement / Strength
- Entertainment Factor
- Authenticity / Believable
- Thought Provoking
Five Stars – Amazing, Outstanding:
This book was hard to put down and is highly recommended. It was well-written, wasn’t preachy, included fully developed characters who were relatable and realistic, masterful use of language, an engaging plot, and satisfying ending.
Four Stars – Very Good:
This book is very enjoyable and well worth the read. Great story with only minor weaknesses that may include aspects plot/dialogue/character development.
Three Stars – Okay:
This book was entertaining. The writing and story telling are sound but there are several aspects that could be improved. May have too many editing/typo errors, too much telling or I just couldn’t get into the story as much as I’d hoped but it was enjoyable.
I do not publish reviews under three stars on this blog. I will, however, send a personal email with my rating and comments. In the event you receive a one or two-star personal review from me:
Two Stars – Not Recommended:
This book did not fully capture the reader’s attention or interest. Admirable attempt but needs more attention to plot/dialogue/editing/formatting/character development.
One Star – Poor:
This book has major issues with text that outweigh any enjoyment by the reader. Poorly written, preachy, unprofessional editing/layout/printing; needs major revision to deserve the reader’s time.
I will pretty much read any genre but my favorites are Black History, Literary Fiction, Historical Fiction, Women’s Fiction, General Fiction, Memoirs, Self-Help, Motivational / Inspirational, and Poetry.
I do not currently review the following genres. It is not intended to be discriminatory in any way. Thank you for understanding:
• LGBT Fiction / Literature
• Erotica (Romance is okay just not strict erotica)
If I accept your book for a review you must be willing to gift me a copy. I DO NOT accept Word Documents.
(1) Order your review through the website HERE.
(2) Gift me a copy of your book in one of these ways:
- Gift me a copy of the book through Amazon or your platform of choice. This is the easiest most hassle free way to get the book to me. Gift it to email@example.com.
- Send your EPUB or MOBI to my Kindle email address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDF – If all else fails, you can send me a PDF copy of the book via email. This is the only attachment I will accept at this time. I will no longer accept MOBI and EPUB attachments of books sent to my email.
- You may ship me a paperback / hard copy. Please let me know this in our email correspondence to be sent my business address. Know this will take more time than an ecopy.
Please Note: Agreement on my part to read a book does not imply blanket authorization to send me other books of yours (including books in a series.) Please order your reviews one book at a time.