UPDATE: THE BOOK REVIEW REGISTRY IS CURRENTLY OPEN.
If you would like me to consider reviewing your book, please register your book through my Book Review Registry HERE. I do not accept unsolicited submissions. Failure to register will automatically disqualify you from consideration. You must register your book if you want me to consider reviewing it.
The PBS Blog has been listed on Reedsy’s Best Book Review Blogs of 2017 and 2018. Additionally, my reviews are honest and thorough without giving away spoilers.
“It’s not just because she reviewed my novelette, All Good Stories, and gave it 5 stars, I’m writing about her because she gives great (and helpful) reviews. In a market, so full, it’s hard to choose what to read, isn’t it? We really need reviews these days that go beyond the minimalistic, “I liked it,” to know what we’re investing our money in. Because money doesn’t grow on trees. Neither do books anymore, for that matter.”
– Linda G. Hill, author, All Good Stories.
Registering your book does not guarantee a review. Me agreeing to read your book also does not guarantee you a review. Registering your book helps to secure your place in line if I decide to read your book and trust me, you want a reserved spot! After registering you will get an email from me on whether or not I am interested in your book. Please be patient. If I am interested, I will be emailing you over the next few days.
- Please do not email me your book link, cover, and description asking for a review. I will only re-route you to the form. Everyone who would like me to consider reviewing their books MUST register through the form. No exceptions.
I take the “honesty” part of the “HONEST review” seriously. If you’re looking for someone to sugar coat what they thought of your book, I am not the reviewer for you. I rate on the scale of 3-5 only on this blog.
Ratings of 3-5 are also published on Amazon*, and Goodreads. I also tweet the review out.
If you are not familiar with the review rating system or if this is your first review from me, I rate on a scale of 1-5 using a basic Review Rating System. Only ratings of 3 -5 are published online UNLESS I have been given permission from the author directly that it’s OK to publish reviews under 3 stars. Rating meanings vary between reviewers but here are mine. This is based on:
- Plot Movement / Strength
- Entertainment Factor
- Authenticity / Believable
- Thought Provoking
Five Stars – Amazing, Outstanding:
This book was hard to put down and is highly recommended. It was well-written, wasn’t preachy, included fully developed characters who were relatable and realistic, masterful use of language and an engaging plot.
Four Stars – Very Good:
This book is very enjoyable and well worth the read. Great story with only minor weaknesses that may include aspects plot/dialogue/character development.
Three Stars – OK:
This book was entertaining. The writing and story telling are sound but there are several aspects that could be improved. May have too many editing/typo errors, too much telling or I just couldn’t get into the story as much as I’d hoped.
I do not publish reviews under three stars on this blog. I will, however, send a personal email with my rating and comments. In the event you receive a one or two-star personal review from me:
Two Stars – Not Recommended:
This book did not fully capture the reader’s attention or interest. Admirable attempt but needs more attention to plot/dialogue/editing/formatting/character development.
One Star – Poor:
This book has major issues with text that outweigh any enjoyment by the reader. Poorly written, preachy, unprofessional editing/layout/printing; needs major revision to deserve the reader’s time.
I will pretty much read any genre but my favorites are Black History, Literary Fiction, Historical Fiction, Women’s Fiction, General Fiction, Memoirs, Self-Help, Motivational / Inspirational, and Poetry.
I do not currently review the following genres. It is not intended to be discriminatory in any way. Thank you for understanding:
• LGBT Fiction / Literature
• Erotica (Romance is OK just not strict Erotica)
If I accept your book for a review you must also be willing to gift me a copy. I DO NOT accept Word Documents.
(1) Register your book on this form
(2) Await my email
(3) If I agree to review, please gift me a copy of the entire book in one of the following ways:
- Gift me a copy of the book through Amazon or your platform of choice. This is the easiest most hassle free way to get the book to me.
- Send your EPUB or MOBI to my Kindle email address at yecheilyahysrayl(at)kindle(dot)com
- You may ship me a paperback / hard copy. Please let me know this in our email correspondence.
- PDF – If all else fails, you can send me a PDF copy of the book via email. This is the only attachment I will accept at this time. I will no longer accept MOBI and EPUB attachments of books sent to my email.
Please Note: Agreement on my part to read a book does not imply blanket authorization to send me other books of yours (including books in a series.) Please register your books one book at a time.