UPDATE: THE BOOK REVIEW REGISTRY IS CURRENTLY
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- I do not accept unsolicited requests for reviews. Please do not email me your book link, cover, and description if you have not already visited the website and ordered a review. If we have not already corresponded through email, I will only re-route you to the site.
Not an Edit:
- While I may notify you if there are tons of grammatical errors in your MS, a book review is not an edit. If you are looking for editorial services, you have come to the wrong place.
How to Apply for Review
(1) Order your review through the website HERE.
(2) Gift me a copy of your book.
- If your book is published: Gift it through amazon to email@example.com.
I will no longer accept PDF documents.
- You may ship me a paperback / hard copy if you like but let me know this in our email correspondence. Also know this will require a longer turnaround time. (I do not recommend this option if you are in a hurry for feedback.)
About Yecheilyah’s Reviews
I have reviewed over 30 books by over 30 different authors spanning five years. My clients include both new and Best Selling authors. This blog has been listed on Reedsy’s Best Book Review Blogs for 2017, 2018, and 2019. My reviews are honest and thorough without giving away spoilers. Here’s Reedsy’s description of Book Review Blogs it features:
“Discover the best book review blogs in your preferred genre. From general fiction to YA paranormal romance, our search bar connects you to a vetted catalog of active book blogs and thoughtful, quality, book reviews.”
A reader’s personal testimony about my reviews:
“It’s not just because she reviewed my novelette, All Good Stories, and gave it 5 stars, I’m writing about her because she gives great (and helpful) reviews. In a market, so full, it’s hard to choose what to read, isn’t it? We really need reviews these days that go beyond the minimalistic, “I liked it,” to know what we’re investing our money in. Because money doesn’t grow on trees. Neither do books anymore, for that matter.”
– Linda G. Hill, author, All Good Stories.
I take the “honesty” part of the honest review seriously. If you’re looking for someone to sugar coat feedback of your book, I am not the reviewer for you. I invest much time and attention to the books I review. I do not skim through your writing, skip large text, or copy and paste the book blurb from Amazon. I take my time to read and I rate on the scale of 3-5 only on this blog. If your review falls below a 3-star rating, I will email you the report and my thoughts — only scores of 3-5 qualify for a published feature and spotlight to this blog.
Only ratings of 3 – 5 are published on this blog. Rating meanings vary between reviewers but here are mine.
- Plot Movement / Strength
- Entertainment Factor
- Authenticity / Believable
- Thought Provoking
*Poetry ratings will differ from other books:
- Thought Provoking
Five Stars – Amazing, Outstanding:
This book was hard to put down and is highly recommended. It was well-written, wasn’t preachy, included fully developed characters who were relatable and realistic, masterful use of language, an engaging plot, and satisfying ending.
Four Stars – Very Good:
This book is very enjoyable and well worth the read. Great story with only minor weaknesses that may include aspects plot/dialogue/character development.
Three Stars – Nice:
This book was nice. The writing and story telling are sound but there are several aspects that could be improved. May have too many editing/typo errors, too much telling or I just couldn’t get into the story as much as I’d hoped but it was enjoyable.
I do not publish reviews under three stars on this blog. I will, however, send a personal email with my rating and comments. In the event you receive a one or two-star personal review from me:
Two Stars – Not Recommended:
This book did not fully capture the reader’s attention or interest. Admirable attempt but needs more attention to plot/dialogue/editing/formatting/character development.
One Star – Poor:
This book has major issues with text that outweigh any enjoyment by the reader. Poorly written, preachy, unprofessional editing/layout/printing; needs major revision to deserve the reader’s time.
I will read any genre (with a couple exceptions) but my favorites are:
Motivational / Inspirational
It is always best that you try to send me manuscripts I am most interested in.
I do not currently review the following genres. It is not intended to be discriminatory in any way. Thank you for understanding:
• LGBT Fiction / Literature
• Erotica (Romance is okay just not strict erotica)
If I accept your book for a review you must be willing to gift me a copy. I DO NOT accept Word Documents.
(1) Order your review through the website HERE.
(2) Gift me a copy of your book in one of these ways:
- Gift me a copy of the book through Amazon or your platform of choice. This is the easiest most hassle free way to get the book to me. Gift it through amazon to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a EPUB or MOBI file to my Kindle email directly at email@example.com
- PDF – Send a PDF copy of the book via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the only attachment I will accept at this time. I will not accept MOBI and EPUB attachments of books sent to my email directly. Send those to the Kindle address.
- You may ship me a paperback / hard copy if you like but let me know this in our email correspondence to be sent my business address. Also know this will require than time than an ecopy and a longer turnaround time.
Please Note: Agreement on my part to read a book does not imply blanket authorization to send me other books of yours (including books in a series.) Please order your reviews one book at a time.
Join these awesome authors who have already had their books reviewed by yours truly!
SICK by Christa Wojo.
A Tale of Three Cities by Alexander McCabe
All Good Stories by Linda G. Hill
Rise of the Chosen: Lifeblood Series Book One by Anna Kopp
To Thee I’m Wed by Deborah Ann Dykeman
The Love Labyrinth by Pamela D. Beverly
The Truth She Knew (The Truth Series Book One) by JA Owenby
Coed by James Fant
The Unhappy Wife by Dr. KE Garland
Beautiful Boy, Beautiful Girl by JL Hunt
Waiting in the Wings by Stevie Turner
Talon Come Fly with Me by Gigi Sedlmayer
NAKEED by Shequila Knighten
Strong Beginnings by William Spivey
Give into the Feeling by Sarah Zama
Southern Horror Stories, by Lisa W. Tetting
The Author Blog: Easy Blogging for Busy Authors by Anne R. Allen
Crosswords: Women Coming of Age in Today’s Uganda, edited by Christopher Conte
The Stranger by Joan Hall
The Mistreatment of Zora Langston by Lisa W. Tetting
The Sleeping Serpent by Luna Saint Claire
When We Go Missing by Kristen Twardowski
House of the Hanging Jade by Amy M. Reade
SICKER: Book Two in the SICK Series by Christa Wojo.
The Living Miracle: A Love Story by Donna Vaal
The House on Candlewick Lane by Amy M. Reade
Affliction: A Zombie Apocalyptic Thriller by Dottie Daniels
Listen: Earthen Witch Series Book 3 by Sarah doughty
Define Your Voice: Narrowing down your Target Market by Altovise Pelzer
Repent at Leisure by Stevie Turner
Eternal Traces by Shonda Brock
The Unveiling by Camille Frazer
The Cursed Queen: The Mystery Tales Series Book One by Carlo Ocaya