Tomorrow marks the exact date of the premiere of this feature. On March 27, 2017, I opened my blog to authors who were interested in being interviewed here and to promote their work. I am reposting this for any authors out there who are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity for free promotion.
I want to remind you that it is here if you’d like and it’s
(Interviews will no longer be free after September 3, 2018. If you are a new author or author in general and you’re looking for a way to introduce yourself to the blogging community or potentially new readers, please read on for more information. If you’d like to schedule a FREE interview, please do so before 9/3. For a full list of author services, please click here.)
Many of you know me from my writing and this blog but before I dedicated my time to writing full-time, I worked with children and to an extent, I still do.
I taught creative writing as part of a private Louisiana In-Home School program for about four years and then I helped to run a research and fellowship center in Shreveport for about five more years. My primary job was working with children, tutoring and teaching them.
What does this have to do with my promotional opportunity for New Authors?
One of the songs my team came up with to help children to break the ice in the children’s bible study class is an Introduce yourself song. It starts:
“Introduce yourself, hey hey! Introduce yourself…hey!
My name is___________.”
At the end of last year, I told you all that I was looking to implement another promotional opportunity for authors on this blog. It has taken a long time but is finally here!
At the moment, I run two:
- Book Reviews (currently open for registry. Visit the Book Review Policy page)
- Book Promo. – Where I promote book covers in my email list. Send me your cover, blurb, and buy links to be featured to my email HERE. (This feature will no longer be free AFTER September 1st.)
Now I am implementing a third opportunity. Something I am hoping will give you a bit more exposure. I am calling it Introduce Yourself, inspired by the children. Here’s how it works:
Introduce Yourself – a promotional opportunity for new authors on The PBS Blog. It is an interview conducted by me with questions specifically tailored to helping us to get to know you better.
I enjoy thought provoking conversation and so is the tone of this blog so please be as detailed as possible in your answers. People are less likely to support people they don’t know anything about so dig deep and let us get to know the real you!
How to Get Involved
All you have to do is choose at least 10 questions from the list below and email them to me with your social media handles, photos, a brief bio, and a link to your website or blog. Email me HERE . Once I receive your email, I will respond in 5-7 business days with the date of your feature.
Again, answer the questions as fully and as detailed as possible. Even though this segment is inspired by new authors (i.e. Introduce Yourself), any author can jump on board!
INDIE AUTHORS AND TRAD. AUTHORS
PUBLISHED AUTHORS AND ASPIRING AUTHORS
NEW AUTHORS AND EXPERIENCED AUTHORS
I run into people all the time who didn’t know who I was until they saw me featured on someone’s blog. It is a wonderful opportunity for increased exposure.
If you’re interested please choose your questions* email them HERE along with your photos, bio, and social links. I won’t pull your arm or beg you to participate in this but let’s face it, this is for you! Also, let’s not forget this is a
FREE (No longer free AFTER September 1, 2018) opportunity for exposure.
*The questions are not in any particular order. Start with question 30 or question one. Your choice. Just make it an interesting mix.
- What is your name and where are you from?
- What would your perfect writing / reading room look like?
- What is the most annoying habit that you have?
- Are you employed outside of writing? Is so, tell us about your job.
- What do you hate most about writing advice? What do you love?
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What skill do you think you’ve mastered?
- In your own words, what is humility?
- In your own words, what is love?
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
- If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What state or country do you never want to go back to?
- What songs have you completely memorized?
- Does blogging help you to write? If not, why so? If so, how so?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- If you could shadow your favorite artist, who would it be?
- What kind of music do you like?
- When did you publish your first book? What was that like?
- If you could live in a movie, which would it be? Why?
- Who is your best friend?
- Are you married? How long?
- Are you single? Would you like to be married?
- Do you have children?
- Would you like to have children? Why?
- What takes up too much of your time?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What small things makes your life easier? What makes it difficult?
- Who’s your favorite Historical figure?
- What do you think of the world we live in?
- What are your thoughts on Race?
- In your own words (not Google’s) define racism.
- What’s your favorite TV Show? Movie?
- What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
- What TV channel exists but really shouldn’t?
- Are you religious? Explain.
- Are you political? Explain.
- What is the most thought provoking book you’ve ever read?
- What’s the most difficult thing about being a writer? The most exciting thing?
- Why is writing important to you?
- What do you love about yourself?
- What don’t you like about yourself?
- If you had one superpower that could change the world, what would it be? Why?
- What genre do you write in, why?
- In your own words, what is truth?