Interviews will no longer be free after September 3, 2018. If you are a new author or author in general and you’re looking for a way to introduce yourself to the blogging community or potentially new readers, please read on for more information. If you’d like to schedule a FREE interview, please do so before 9/3. For a full list of author services coming, please click here.
Introduce Yourself is a promotional opportunity for new authors hosted on The PBS Blog. It is an interview conducted by Yecheilyah (that’s me) with questions specifically tailored to helping us to get to know you better. Inspired by a song introduced in a children’s bible study class I helped coordinate, the song is meant to “break the ice.” With this feature, I hope to introduce new authors to my audience for an opportunity to learn more about them and their work. They say team work makes the dream work and I hope to do my part in making the dreams of authors come true.
Here are the authors interviewed so far. Join them!
- Colin Guest
- Paige Adams
- Hope Destiny
- Patty Fletcher
- Brenda Scruggs
- Stevie Turner
- Jessica Bakers
- Jo Ann Maxwell
- Dan Alatorre
- Meredith Gibrahar
- Dolapo Akitoye
- Frank Parker
- Sojourner McConnell
- Shaun M Jooste
- Special Interview Feature + Promo with Lynette Davis
- Sarah Zama
- Felicia Denise
- L. Loren
- Marie Lavendar
- Emunah Y’srael
- K.E. Garland
- Sean Mungin
- Phyllis Babrove
- Balroop Singh
- V.M. Sang
- Jo Elizabeth Pinto
- Urvashi Trikha
How to Get Involved
All you have to do is choose at least 10 questions from the list below and email them to me with your social media handles, photos, book covers, a brief bio, and a link to your website or blog.
Email me at yecheilyah(at)yecheilyahysrayl dot com
Once I receive your email, I will respond in 5-7 business days with the date of your feature.
Again, answer the questions as fully and as detailed as possible.
Even though this segment is inspired by new authors (i.e. Introduce Yourself), any author can jump on board!
If you’re interested please choose your questions, email them along with your photos, bio, book covers and social links.
The questions are below. They are not in any particular order. Start with question 30 or question one. Your choice. Just make it an interesting mix.
- What is your name and where are you from?
- What would your perfect writing / reading room look like?
- What is the most annoying habit that you have?
- Are you employed outside of writing? Is so, tell us about your job.
- What do you hate most about writing advice? What do you love?
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What skill do you think you’ve mastered?
- In your own words, what is humility?
- In your own words, what is love?
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
- If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What state or country do you never want to go back to?
- What songs have you completely memorized?
- Does blogging help you to write? If not, why so? If so, how so?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- If you could shadow your favorite artist, who would it be?
- What kind of music do you like?
- When did you publish your first book? What was that like?
- If you could live in a movie, which would it be? Why?
- Who is your best friend?
- Are you married? How long?
- Are you single? Would you like to be married?
- Do you have children?
- Would you like to have children? Why?
- What takes up too much of your time?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What small things makes your life easier? What makes it difficult?
- Who’s your favorite Historical figure?
- What do you think of the world we live in?
- What are your thoughts on Race?
- In your own words (not Google’s) define racism.
- What’s your favorite TV Show? Movie?
- What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
- What TV channel exists but really shouldn’t?
- Are you religious? Explain.
- Are you political? Explain.
- What is the most thought provoking book you’ve ever read?
- What’s the most difficult thing about being a writer? The most exciting thing?
- Why is writing important to you?
- What do you love about yourself?
- What don’t you like about yourself?
- If you had one superpower that could change the world, what would it be? Why?
- What genre do you write in, why?
- In your own words, what is truth?
CLICK THROUGH TO THE ORIGINAL POST HERE. (Interviews will no longer be free after September 3, 2018)