I did not intend on writing another post this year. I am preparing for travel this week and getting into major promotion mode for the third installment of The Stella Trilogy. That is until I checked my email and thought, what better way to end the year than to be nominated for your 10th Blog Award?
The funny thing is that I was contemplating whether or not to go on and participate in Blog Awards in 2016. Rarely if ever do I obey the rules and they do take up a bit of time. However, when Kenyc (Ken-niece) McCoy of Soprano Musings nominated me for The Sunshine Blog Award, I remembered how timely these things always are and that maybe I can keep them going for a little while longer but we will have to see. Blog Awards do tend to keep me aware of where I stand with my followers which I think is very important. If nothing else, it is always such great timing when fellow bloggers nominate us (Us as in “The PBS Blog” so yes, that includes you). Just when I wonder what to write about next, if the posts are worth it, or if anyone is really paying attention, it is at these moments when someone comes through with a Blog Award. I take it as a personal reminder that it is not all in vain.
So I just want to give a big thank you to Kenyc for nominating this blog for The Sunshine Blog Award!
7 Facts About Myself:
I feel like I’ve been through this sooo many times that this time around I decided to go a little more in depth about some facts about me:
- I don’t celebrate holidays and ask to respectfully be excluded from any happy holiday wishes
- Though my career of choice require I do a lot of public speaking, I am actually very introverted at heart.
- I am very passionate about the state of Black America, its history, and culture
- I have been known to behave beyond my age so its no surprise that my husband is nine years older than I am
- I won my first poetry award when I was a freshman in High School and wrote plays performed by my High School for three years
- People who don’t know me tend to think that I am mean. That’s because I can be forthcoming in my verbal delivery. Though it is never my intent to be offensive, I will never sugar coat the truth and try my best to keep it real with everyone, giving to each the same measure of respect
- I would really like to visit Germany one day!