According the 2017 reoort, Indie Publishing is a $1.25 bn industry with African American Literature composed almost entirely by Indies. Nice.
Hugh Howey and The Data Guy have now done all their usual number crunching and published the latest report. What trends can we identify in 2017, based on their impressive (as always) work?
1. For traditionally published books, print is king.
2. However, this reign is highly genre-dependent. In adult fiction, for example, nearly half sales are digital.
3. Two years of Amazon discounts have let the publishing industry grow by 3,3%. But Amazon discounts have now ended. Expect a drop in 2017 in traditionally-published print titles.
4. This is actually good news for Indies, who usually focus on adult fiction and ebook sales.
5. Regardless, print vs digital is the wrong question. The right one is, online vs. brick & mortar. In other words, Amazon vs. everyone else.
6. Indie publishing is now a $1.25 bn industry.
7. Pricing matters: for Indies, the sweet spots are $0.99, $2.99, and $3.99.
View original post 121 more words