Hey guys! Miss me? You know you do! Lol.
Here’s what I’d tell you if we were having coffee right now.
- If we were having coffee right now, I’d tell you that the domain name for this blog has changed and is now www.thepbsblog.com. It feels great! Though everything is the same aesthetically (I have not changed the theme or anything), I feel better not having the WordPress part in my blog name. Briefly, I should tell you why I didn’t start out this way. I wasn’t sure what would become of this blog, if I would be blogging for an extended period or if it would even be of value to those reading it. I was OK with not paying for something I wasn’t sure about. There was even a time where I seriously considered doing away with this blog. It wasn’t until I started seeing real potential here that I decided to make it official.
- If we were having coffee right now I would tell you that I am releasing two new books this year (yaass!) and I am also working on an exciting new project that will remain on the low for now. While I can’t say much, I will say that I am venturing into a new stage of book publishing and I am excited to see what becomes of it. I’ll keep you posted.
Concerning the two books, they are the two books in The Nora White series:
Renaissance: The Nora White Story – Book One
Revelation: The Nora White Story – Book Two
- If we were having coffee right now I will tell you that I am putting together an Advanced Review Team to help me to promote Renaissance. Even the messiah needed brothers to help him to spread the word and I am hoping to get all the help I can. Those who are interested in reading a free book (along with other treats!) you can email me Here. I have a special surprise gift for those who help me. Review copies go out in March so if you’re interested email me before then.
I should also mention that I am releasing Book One in paperback at The Indie Author Book Convention in Tampa FL so if you’re around stop by and see me! I’m nice, I promise ; ).
- Speaking of projects, if we were having coffee right now, I’d tell you that I plan to launch my workshop this year (exact date coming soon), an online resource center and Indie Author community where serious writers can ban together and help one another to grow. You can learn more HERE.
I think it’s a mistake for Self-Publishers to try and do everything themselves. Everyone needs help and what better way to grow than to do so together. “I come here as one, but I stand as ten thousand.” (Maya Angelou) Do you know what this means? It means that when you see me I may be alone physically, but I represent an entire community of people. Every single person who has inspired me, every teacher who has taught me, every mother who has instilled wisdom in me, every father who has led me, every sister, brother, and every person who has given me what I needed to stand where I stand today is standing with me and I carry their strength on my back.
- I’m also excited to implement new ideas into this blog so if we were having coffee right now, I would tell you about No Whining Wednesdays. For those of you familiar with Iyanla Vanzant, then you’re familiar with No Whining Wednesdays because I’m copying her pretty much. The idea is not to: whine, complain, or criticize on Wednesday. Every time that you do, you have to put a quarter in a jar. So, on No Whining Wednesdays I will be posting inspirational quotes and notes to help motivate us not to whine or complain. I’ll also share with you how it’s going for me and I think this is going to be a lot of fun. You can participate too but I’ll go into the who, what, when, and how tomorrow so stick around, tomorrow’s our first day!
Finally, if we were having coffee right now, I’d tell you that I am no longer on Facebook.
I have been wanting to withdraw from Facebook for a long time and I’ve finally made the decision to leave it. You will see me pop in every now and again but for the most part I am done with it. You can find me on the following platforms (which now includes Kyle Perkins Indie Author Network). Click HERE to discover where you can find me instead.
Yecheilyah Ysrayl is the YA, Historical Fiction author of eight books most notably, The Stella Trilogy, Blogger, and Poet. She is currently working on her next book series “The Nora White Story” about a young black woman writer who dreams of taking part in The Harlem Renaissance movement and her parents struggle to accept their traumatic past in the Jim Crow south. “Renaissance: The Nora White Story (Book One)” is due for release July, 2017. For updates on this project, sneak peeks of other projects, nuggets and tidbits, video tutorials, writing inspiration, and more, be sure to follow this blog and to subscribe to Yecheilyah’s email list HERE.