It’s that time of the year again!!!
Now – August 1, 2019
Friday, November 1, 2019.
The purpose of this year’s theme is to use words that empower and inspire us to be the best version of ourselves. We talked about Self-Love last year and now it’s time we spoke it into existence and live it through our actions.
Choose any one of these words to dedicate your poem to.
Strength, Courage, Wisdom, Faith
- The poems submitted must be original work. This means that the poems must be written by you. If we find a poem that resembles any previously published poem in any way that poet will be disqualified from the competition. Poems must be your own work.
- The poem must not be published (previously or afterward) in a book or anywhere online (including your blog).
- The poems will be judged based on originality, writing, style and how closely the poem adheres to the theme.
- We are judges of the competition only. All poets are welcomed to enter regardless of race, religion, political views or location.
*Poems using discriminatory language will be disqualified from the competition.
- All poems must be written in English. In the event a poet wins this competition and their residence is outside of the U.S., any prize requiring shipping (if any) will be awarded in digital form. ex. ebooks /e-cards.
- All poets must be at least 18 years of age to submit.
- There is no entry fee for this competition, but you must subscribe to Yecheilyah’s email list HERE to enter. Anyone who subscribes only to unsubscribe before the competition is complete (any time before the winners are announced) will be disqualified for the win. Any subscription that has not been made before 11:59pm EST on August 1st will be disqualified.
- Authors of the winning poems grant Yecheilyah of Literary Korner Publishing the right to publish the poems on her blog (either in part, excerpt, or in its entirety) located at www.thepbsblog.com as the winning poem. Permission is granted upon entry of the contest for publishing to The PBS Blog in full or in part. The poets retain all rights and copyrights of their own work. (I don’t own your stuff.)
- Upon submission, poets grant Yecheilyah of Literary Korner Publishing the right to publish the poem in the Literary Korner Publishing 2020 Magazine Edition. The poets retain all rights and copyrights of their own work. (I don’t own your stuff.)
- Multiple entries to this contest are allowed. If submitting multiple poems there is a 2-poem max per poet.
- Entry is taken as acceptance of ALL of these guidelines.
- Click on THIS link and subscribe to Yecheilyah’s email list. This will automatically give us your name and email address. *If you are already subscribed to my list you are halfway there! Just email your poem*
- Once you’ve subscribed to the list, please send your poem(s) to email@example.com.
- Both of the above steps are needed for a poem to be considered submitted.
- Winners are announced November 1, 2019 on The PBS Blog and across social media.
- $50 Barnes and Noble Gift card
- Publishing in the 2020 2nd Edition Literary Korner Publishing Magazine for Poets
- Publishing and Author Spotlight Interview on Yecheilyah’s Blog (over 2800 subscribers, 70k views a week)
- Spotlight across Yecheilyah’s social media
- Spotlight in Yecheilyah’s email list
- Signed copy of I am Soul with matching bookmark
- 1 Grand Prize Winner (Wins Everything)
- 3 Runner-Ups (Wins everything minus the gift card)
- 4 Honorable Mentions (Wins publishing in the LKP 2020 Edition Magazine)
All entrants will have the chance of being featured in the magazine. Put your best foot forward, only a few will be chosen!
Yecheilyah (The PBS Blog and Literary Korner Publishing) are not responsible for poets who entered the contest and did not read these terms and conditions in full. If there is anything, you disagree with we encourage you NOT to join. Emailing your poem and subscribing to the email list is taken as ACCEPTANCE of all these terms.