Do you have an author media kit on your Author Website?
Hi, SEers. Forgive me for being a hypocrite, but today’s post is going to be a do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do post. Remember, I used to work in corporate communications, so I know marketing strategies. (That doesn’t mean I use them myself; it just means I know them.)
Okay… Unless you literally just decided to become an author today, you almost definitely have an author website. Hopefully you’ve included the basics:
- landing page to advertise news and collect email addresses
- blog to share content, generate interest, and remain fresh in the minds of your fans
- book pages so your work is well-defined and easy to find
- about page to introduce yourself to new visitors
- social media links so people can find you elsewhere online
- contact page so your readers can reach you
- platform-wide cohesion and pleasing design
Many authors stop there. Okay, let’s be honest—many readers fall short in some/most/all of those categories.
View original post 937 more words