Today we are cooking up something nice and warm to compliment the cold weather currently creeping into our households and capturing pictures of adults hiding under the covers.
Now, this recipe can actually be altered according to your personal touch because you’re basically making a Taco Flavored Chili. You’ll need:
• Ground Beef
• Kidney, Black, and Pinto Beans
• Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• Spicy Doritos
• Salsa (or Stewed Tomatoes, Onions, 1 can diced tomato with chilies, 1 can green chilies. If you use the Salsa you really don’t need to add the individual ingredients unless you’re a big time chef and you do that kind of thing. But if you’re not much of a cook, Salsa will knock that right on out lol,)
• Taco Seasoning
• and Corn (opt.)
• Take a skillet and on medium heat brown the Ground Beef, drain. Add the taco seasoning and mix well just as if you were making tacos.
• Scoop the ground beef into a big pot adding the beans
• Add water, salsa mix and more taco seasoning, along with other seasonings of choice (but keep it along the lines of a Taco / Chili like flavor). Also add the corn or anything else you would like to add to the mix.
• Let everything cook and gel together on medium heat. Stir occasionally so that the bottom does not burn.
While that simmers, make a bed of Spicy Doritos in a bowl (You can actually choose your tortilla of choice but Spicy Doritos compliments this dish really well.). Scoop your soup into the bowl, covering the Doritos. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top along with any other topping of choice like sour cream.