I LOVE potatoes: French Fries, Baked Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, all kinds of potatoes. So, today’s recipe is a nice easy dish that takes just a little bit of time to prepare. You can make this meal in less than 15 minutes and it is delicious. For tonight’s quick fix, we will need:
1 (6-ounce) salmon fillet (about 1-inch thick)
2 medium potatoes
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups mixed salad greens
1 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat fish with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook until it’s well done ( 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork).
2. While fish cooks, pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in a microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Cut cooked potatoes in half, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese.
4. Combine greens, tomatoes, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
5. Cut lemon in half, and squeeze lemon juice over fish. Serve with potatoes and salad.