First, check out the new badge! Isn’t she a cutie? Yass. Lol
In my eleven years of publishing, I have come to understand that relationships sell books. By learning more about YOU the author as well as your writing style in general, your readers will be interested in other things about you, such as your writing and eventually, your books. It cannot be ignored that we are most likely to buy books from people we know. It’s why we support celebrities whose names we are already familiar with.
Introduce Yourself is a promotional opportunity for new authors I started back in 2016, hosted on The PBS Blog. It is an interview conducted by Yecheilyah (that’s me) with questions specifically tailored to helping us to get to know you better. Inspired by a song introduced in a children’s bible study class I helped coordinate, the song is meant to “break the ice.” With this feature, I hope to introduce new authors to my audience for an opportunity to learn more about them and their work. They say team work makes the dream work and I hope to do my part in making the dreams of authors come true.
Here are the authors interviewed so far. Join them!
- Colin Guest
- Paige Adams
- Hope Destiny
- Patty Fletcher
- Brenda Scruggs
- Stevie Turner
- Jessica Bakers
- Jo Ann Maxwell
- Dan Alatorre
- Meredith Gibrahar
- Dolapo Akitoye
- Frank Parker
- Sojourner McConnell
- Shaun M Jooste
- Special Interview Feature + Promo with Lynette Davis
- Sarah Zama
- Felicia Denise
- L. Loren
- Marie Lavendar
- Emunah Y’srael
- K.E. Garland
- Sean Mungin
- Phyllis Babrove
- Balroop Singh
- V.M. Sang
- Jo Elizabeth Pinto
- Urvashi Trikha
- Tehilayah Ysrayl
- Larry Garner
- Frank Prem
- Wanda Luthman
- Sharon Cathcart
- A.H. Washington
- Ann Harrison-Barnes
- Abbie Taylor
- Your Name Here! Email me today.
I’m so excited to have you! Stop on over! A little update for those of you looking to participate:
When submitting the interview questions please include the question with your answers so that I don’t have to go back and search for which question you’re answering. For example. If you are answering question number 39, post the question first and then your answer:
What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
The TV channel that doesn’t exist but really should is…
If you don’t post the question first like in our example, I will have to look for the question you are answering so that it can be included in the post. This will take more time and delay your scheduling.
How to Get Involved
- Choose at least 10 questions (please no more than 50) from the list below and email me your answers at yecheilyah(at)yecheilyahysrayl(dot)com) with your social media handles, photos, book covers, a brief bio, and a link to your website or blog. Please attach everything you would like me to promote along with the links. Also, please be as thorough in your answers as you can and be yourself.
- Once I receive your email, I will respond in 3-5 business days. If I have any follow-up questions for you, I will ask you before setting a date for your feature.
- Interviews are published on Mondays @ 12:00a EST.
- The features that do the best are those in which you help me to promote you by reposting it to your social media pages and blog.
The questions are below. They are not in any particular order. Start with question 30 or question one. Your choice. Just make it an interesting mix!
- What is your name and where are you from?
- What would your perfect writing / reading room look like?
- What is the most annoying habit that you have?
- Are you employed outside of writing? Is so, tell us about your job.
- What do you hate most about writing advice? What do you love?
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What skill do you think you’ve mastered?
- In your own words, what is humility?
- In your own words, what is love?
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
- If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What state or country do you never want to go back to?
- What songs have you completely memorized?
- Does blogging help you to write? If not, why so? If so, how so?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- If you could shadow your favorite artist, who would it be?
- What kind of music do you like?
- When did you publish your first book? What was that like?
- If you could live in a movie, which would it be? Why?
- Who is your best friend?
- Are you married? How long?
- Are you single? Would you like to be married?
- Do you have children?
- Would you like to have children? Why?
- What takes up too much of your time?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What small things makes your life easier? What makes it difficult?
- Who’s your favorite Historical figure?
- What do you think of the world we live in?
- What are your thoughts on Race?
- In your own words (not Google’s) define racism.
- What’s your favorite TV Show? Movie?
- What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
- What TV channel exists but really shouldn’t?
- Are you religious? Explain.
- Are you political? Explain.
- What is the most thought provoking book you’ve ever read?
- What’s the most difficult thing about being a writer? The most exciting thing?
- Why is writing important to you?
- What do you love about yourself?
- What don’t you like about yourself?
- If you had one superpower that could change the world, what would it be? Why?
- What genre do you write in, why?
- In your own words, what is truth?
- Outside of writing, what are some of your passions?
- What’s the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Are you a spiritual person? (please explain how this is different from being a religious person)
- What do you think of police brutality in the black community? How can we do better?
- What do you think of the bullying in our schools? How can we do better?
- What do you think of the current political climate? What needs to change?
- If you could choose a city, state, or country to represent you, which would it be? Why?
- If you could, would you visit the past?
- If you could, would you visit the future?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- Life is not always pretty. We all experience hardship every now and again. What is your best advice for reducing stress?
- What is the worst advice you’ve ever been given?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? What made it special?
- What was your favorite subject in school? Your least favorite?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?