On January 17, 2015, I started a new Blog Series in honor of Black History Month called Black History Fun Fact Friday. The series was supposed to run from January 2015 through the end of February 2015, but two badges and 66 weeks later we are still going strong. 2017 and 2018 have been our best years to date with the most posts and the most interesting topics.
But I don’t have that kind of time anymore and no man is an Island.
Black History Fun Fact Friday is not just a Black History Month segment anymore. It has carved out its own space in the internet’s land.
I want to get back to publishing Black History articles to this blog every Friday, and would love to have some help.
As we prepare for 2020, I am reaching out for help from individuals who interested in helping to contribute to this series.
- Must be original work. Do not copy and paste the article from other blogs unless that blog is your own. If you have a Black History article to share that you published to your own site, I welcome you to submit it for Black History Fun Facts. I have no problem with that as long as it is your own work. You can also link back to it so readers can follow your blog.
- Because of the nature of this series interested writers must be Black.
- Topics must be relatable to the history of Blacks/African Americans, African diaspora, e.g.
- Articles must be emailed to me for approval at least one week before publishing. If you email your article on 1/31 for example, I will publish it on 2/7 if there are no needed changes. (If you want your articles published in time for February, please have them submitted no later than Monday, January 27, 2020.)
- Please send articles in a Word Document, 12p Font, Times New Roman text.
- Please do your best to self-edit your work for basic typos/spelling/grammatical errors before submission. Grammarly and ProWritingAid are good free self-edit software programs to use.
- Please include at least one image with the post. Canva is a good program to use to make your own images.
- This is Black History Fun Fact Friday not Black History Opinions so do your best to submit articles covering accurate historical information. I will vet the submissions to make sure they do. If you have links to sources, please include them.
- Please include a photo of yourself, social media handles, website, or links to books you’ve written on the topic. This will be added to the end of the post.
Benefits of Guest Blogging:
- Increase traffic to your own website/blog
- Build Relationships/Online Influence
- Build Domain and Search Engine Authority
- Capture Wider Audience (go hand-in-hand with the 1st point)
- Develop Your Authority on a topic
- Improve Your Writing
- Opens the doors for paid business opportunities
Email articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.