Yess people! It’s that time! Time to reveal the guidelines to this year’s contest and our amazing prizes! Read on…
Yecheilyah’s 2nd Annual Poetry Contest 2018
Theme: Self-Care, Self-Love – Our theme this year is on self-care and self-love!
Submissions Accepted: Thursday, July 12th – Tuesday, July 31st
Winners Announced: Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- The poems submitted must be original work. This means that the poems must be written by you. If we find a poem that resembles any previously published poem in any way that poet will be disqualified from the competition. Poems must be your own work.
- The poem must not be previously published in a book or anywhere online (including your blog)
- The contest will be judged based on writing, style and how closely the poem adheres to the theme.
- We are judges of the competition only. All poets are welcomed to enter regardless of race, religion, political views or location. All poems must be written in English and there will be no shipments outside of the U.S. In the event a poet wins this competition and their residence is outside of the U.S., any prize requiring shipping (if any) will be awarded in digital form. Ex. Ebooks instead of paperbacks.
- All poets must be at least 18 years of age to submit.
- There are no entry fees for this competition except to subscribe to Yecheilyah’s email list HERE. Anyone who subscribes only to unsubscribe before the competition is complete (any time before the winners are announced) will be disqualified for the win. Any subscription that has not been made before 11:59 EST on July 31st will be disqualified.
- Authors of the winning poems grant Yecheilyah of The PBS Blog and Literary Korner Publishing the right to publish the poems on her blog located at www.thepbsblog.com as the winning poem. Permission is granted upon entry of the contest for publishing to The PBS Blog. The poets retain all rights and copyrights of their own work.
- Upon submission, poets grant Yecheilyah of The PBS Blog and Literary Korner Publishing the right to publish the poem in the Literary Korner Publishing’s debut online magazine. The poets retain all rights and copyrights of their own work.
- Multiple entries to this contest are allowed but it will not increase your chances of winning any more than someone with a single entry. All entries will be judged individually without regard to person or numbers of entries. (If submitting multiple poems there is a 3 poem max.)
- Entry is taken as acceptance of ALL of these guidelines.
- Click on THIS link and subscribe to Yecheilyah’s email list. This will automatically give us your name and email address. Be sure to confirm your subscription is due to this contest by checking ‘yes’ next to “Is this a poetry contest entry?” on the form. *If you are already subscribed to my list you are halfway there!*
- Once you’ve subscribed to the list, please send your poem(s) to email@example.com.
- Both of the above steps are needed for a poem to be considered submitted.
- Submissions are accepted July 12th through July 31st 2018.
- Winners are announced August 22, 2018 on The PBS Blog and across social media.
The grand prize winner of this contest will receive:
- One $50 Amazon Giftcard (this will be a hardcopy gift card mailed to the winner within the U.S. Winners outside the U.S. will receive an ecard)
- Signed paperback copy of I am Soul poetry book by Yecheilyah Ysrayl (Winners outside the U.S. will receive a digital copy of this book)
- 1 Writing Journal and pen to encourage your writing journey!
- Front page feature and publication to Literary Korner Publishing’s exclusive online magazine designed specifically for this contest, debuting August, 2018.
- Promotion on The PBS Blog and social media (over 700+views weekly, 3,000 views monthly)
We will be choosing some runner-ups!
- A chance to win a copy of The Unhappy Wife and Daddy: Reflections of Father-Daughter Relationships by Dr. K.E. Garland
- A chance to win a copy of The Settle-Free Dating Method by Tinzley Bradford
- Publication in our debut online Magazine
- Publication on The PBS Blog
All entrants have the opportunity to be featured in our first online magazine publication designed specifically for this contest so put forth your best! Only a select few will be chosen!